The Jawaharlal institute of postgraduate medical education &research
known as (JIPMER) was started in the year 1956 and it was upgraded in the year 1964 as a postgraduate centre. It was declared as an institution of national importance by a parliamentary act, i.e. JIPMER, puducherry, act, 2008. The institute have in parts undergraduate(ug), post graduate(pg) and degree courses.
Pursuing mbbs degree in JIPMER gives high reputation from all over the world. Thus, starting medicine career after your mbbs becomes easier if you pursue mbbs from JIPMER.
JIPMER allocated total around 150 MBBS seats through JIPMER examination.
Advantages of taking part in JIPMER medical exam :
- Level of difficulty of the paper is easier when compared to the other medical entrance examinations such as AIIMS, AIPMT, NEET, etc.,
- No negative mark is applicable for incorrect attempts.
Important Dates for JIPMER-2018
- Online Registration - Opening Date: March
- Online Registration - Closing Date: April
- Date of Online Entrance Exam: June (Sunday)
- Date of Publication of Result: June / July
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST)
is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country.
NEST exam is conducted in order to provide admission to candidates in five-year MSc programme in basic sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics) offered at both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS.
||Seats at NISER
||Seats at CEBS
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||26||7|
|ST (Scheduled Tribes)||13||3|
|OBC (Other backward classes )||46||12|
Admissions in NISER, Bhubaneswar, and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai are done on the basis of a candidate’s score in NEST exam. Candidates who have passed Class XII from Science stream are eligible to apply for NEST exam.
NEST. Science entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted in June.
- Educational qualification: Candidates who have passed class XII examination or equivalent stream (having any combination of biology/chemistry/physics) from any recognized board in India.
- Age Limit :The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/Physically disabled(PD) candidates.